Sunday, August 13, 2017

Citrus Plants

Most of my citrus plants died in the winter of 2014-2015 because I left them in the too cold greenhouse. The only two of the originals remaining are the Citura tangerine and one seedling tangerine. The Meyer lemon, key lime, etc. are defunct.

This is the Gurneys Citura Tangerine. I really think it is actually a calamondin. The plant is flowering for the first time since 2014.

This is one of the seedling tangerines that I planted back in 2010. It's ironic that I thought this to be the weaker of the two seedlings since it did not grow much. Yet it survived the cold winter when the other did not. I had to cut it back to the ground though, essentially regressing it to juvenility. I hope it flowers eventually. The good thing is that it grows better since the big chop.

Last is a Kishu mandarin that I acquired in summer 2016. It tried to flower in January 2017, but was unable to set fruit. It has grown a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment